Phase 3 FAQ's
phase 3 changes
Phase 3 will begin on Tuesday, October 6th. This will be our final COVID reopening phase – Phase 3 is now standard operating procedure for The Refinery going forward. A summary of the key changes between Phase 3 and Phase 2 is provided below.
New Customer Policy: All memberships will now be open for new customers (including Open Gym memberships). For more information on membership pricing and benefits, visit our Memberships page.
Free-Trial: A 2-visit free trial will now be offered. Prospective members may choose how to use the two free visits (Build & Burn, Pure Strength, and/or Open Gym). For more information on the free trial, visit our Free Trial sign-up page.
Membership Restarts: For those that have not yet restarted memberships, we will not require you to restart unless you decide to. Instead, we have terminated all frozen memberships. However, for those desiring to restart their membership at any time in the future, we will be able to credit the first month of a new membership by the amount of days still left on your previous membership. To restart a membership, email us at email@example.com
Check-In/Lobby Area: Check-in for classes will move back to the front desk area, and the lobby area will reopen for coffee service and TV viewing. Masks will only be required in the lobby if staying for an extended period of time (TV viewing, working in the lobby, waiting on someone, etc…)
Exiting Policy: Exiting the building will move back to the front of the facility (no more back door exiting)
Recovery Room: The Recovery Room will reopen with privacy screens between treatment chairs. Masks will be required. All memberships will now include one free X3 and Normatec treatment each month. Additional sessions may be purchased in single session, 5 session packs, and 10 session packs. Hypervolts will be moved to the front desk and may be checked out on a first come – first serve basis. All members will have access to Hypervolts, but usage of the Hypervolts must take place within the lobby/front desk area.
- Workout area reconfigured to allow class capacity to increase to 16 participants. Plexiglass screens will provide safety barrier between cardio stations.
- M-F 7:30am class will move back to 7:15am start time. M-F 3:30pm class has been added. Friday PM classes now 3:30pm and 5pm. Please refer to the online schedules for up to date schedules, as time changes may occur.
- Weekday classes will be 55 minutes long and weekend classes will be 60 minutes long.
- Workout area reconfigured to allow class capacity to increase to 4 participants. Four designated training areas complete with Keiser functional trainers, benches, dumbbells, and accessories will allow participants to stay within their training zone and not have to share space or equipment.
- T/TH/F noon class added. Sunday schedule will change to two classes offered at 9am and 12:30pm.
- Open Gym access only available for those with an active membership. We will no longer allow open gym visits to be purchased by the visit.
- Training areas reconfigured into workout pods separated by clear plexiglass screens .
- Each workout pod in the front half will include a TRX bay, bench, cardio machine (treadmill/elliptical/or rower), and access to weights and accessories.
- Back half workout pods will include two power rack pods and two dual adjustable pulley pods (one with SkillMill and one with spin bike) as well as access to weights and accessories.
- A cardio only pod with stair climbers, bikes, and a treadmill will be stationed between the two areas with equipment 6 feet apart.
- Outdoor area will include two workout pods with access to a full range of accessories.
- Advanced booking for open gym visits will still be required, but additional spots will be available for all appointment times.
- Workout pods are on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Bins with cleaning supplies will be available at the check-in desk. Please clean equipment and accessories before moving to another pod and/or completing your workout. Bin return located near the front door exit.
- Additional trainers and appointment availability will be available throughout the day. Appointment requests may be made on the book now page of the website or by contacting the front desk.
- Youth Private Training will be offered to two different age groups (12 & up, 9-11). The 9-11 age group will be called Youth Level 1 Training.
Yes, any unused visits still remaining on your account can be applied as a credit to the first month’s autopay.
X3 and Normatec sessions can be booked online (Book Now page), through the app, or by calling or visiting the front desk.
Yes, Biocircuit will continue to be available during Phase 3. Advance booking id still be required and the circuit will be dedicated to one person only during the designated appointment time.
visitor Policies & procedures
In order to provide a safe environment for our visitors and staff, the following visitor policies and procedures will remain in place:
Arrival: We request that visitors not enter the facility more than 5 minutes before their scheduled class/appointment time.
Check-In: A hands-free sanitizer station is located at the front desk check-in area. We require hand sanitization upon arrival at the check-in desk. Temperature checks will continue to be required until the governor’s mandate on gym temperature checks expires.
Locker rooms: Lockers rooms are available for locker and shower usage. Wipes dispensers will be available in each locker room and we encourage visitors to wipe down locker key pads before and after use. Antibacterial shower spray will be provided in each shower stall. Dry vanity supplies and hair dryers will also be available. We ask that showers be sprayed down after each use and that any dry vanity supplies used be wiped down using the wipes provided. Towels are provided.
Exiting: All visitors will exit through the front door. A handsfree sanitizer will be located at the exit – we request hand sanitization upon exiting the facility.
cleaning policies & procedures
In order to provide a safe and sanitary training environment, the following cleaning policies and procedures will remain in place:
Open Gym: We request that Open Gym visitors clean their equipment and accessories after each use with provided anti-bacterial cleaning supplies. Refinery staff will also conduct regular cleaning of the open gym throughout the day as well as a midday deep clean.
Classes: A 15-minute designated cleaning time is allocated after each class. Trainers are scheduled to clean all equipment used in the previous class during the designated cleaning period.
Private Training: Designated Private Training appointment times have been preset (those seeking private training will need to come during the times offered). A 15-minute cleaning period is designated between each private training appointment. Trainers are scheduled to clean all equipment used in the previous class during the designated cleaning period.
Midday Cleaning: In addition to designated cleaning after every visit/class, midday cleaning will take place from 1-2pm every weekday. There will be no appointments or classes scheduled during this time allowing extra time to clean and disinfect all areas.
Nightly Cleaning: Our outside cleaning company comes nightly – 360 days of the year to perform a full nightly clean of the facility.
A hand-sanitizing station is available in the Open Gym area. Gym wipes dispensers are located throughout the facility and are accessible in all training areas.
Sharing of equipment in Build & Burn will be minimized by having no more than 3 rotations per class. Cleaning of the stations will be required and built into the class time. Wipes are available in every training station. Pure Strength will have four designated training stations complete with training accessories. No sharing of equipment or rotations are necessary.