Phase 2 REopening
summary of phase 2 changes
Phase 2 of our reopening plan will begin on Monday, June 1st. A summary of the key changes between Phase 1 and Phase 2 is provided below.
New Customer Policy: New Open Gym memberships will not be available during Phase 2. However, we will begin offering Fitness and Training memberships. For more information on membership pricing and benefits, visit our Memberships page.
Memberships Remain Frozen: Although class and open gym capacity will increase during Phase 2, we will continue to keep memberships frozen unless a member chooses to restart their membership.
Check-In/Locker Room Policies: Phase 1 check-in policies and procedures will continue during Phase 2 (temperature checks, back door exit, etc…). New guidelines were released on 5/28 allowing the use of lockers and showers with proper sanitation requirements in place. Once we are comfortable with the sanitation policies and have checklists in place, we will reopen the locker rooms. We expect this to occur within the next two weeks.
- Class capacity will increase to 12 participants.
- Two trainers will be utilized for all classes.
- New Build and Burn classes will be offered daily
- Although class capacity will increase, we ask that members limit attendance to no more than 4 classes per week.
- New weekday class schedules (M-TH: 6am, 7:30am, 9am, noon, 5pm, 6:30pm. On Fridays the last two class times will be 4:30pm and 6pm)
- Participants will cycle through 4 training zones, but will have their own station and equipment in each zone. Two of the zones will feature our new FitBenches. Three zone transitions will occur during class requiring participants to wipe their station down before rotating. Wipes dispensers will be placed in every training station.
- Participants will now enter the Build and Burn class area from the front of the class area and be directed to a station (follow Build and Burn signage)
- Class capacity will increase to 3 participants.
- Although class capacity will increase, we ask that members continue to limit attendance to no more than 3 classes per week.
- Open Gym booking will continue to require advance booking, however, instead of booking specific training stations, we will now allow 4 visitors every 45 minutes throughout the day.
- Biocircuit will continue to be booked separately
- Open Gym visitors will be required to wipe down all equipment and accessories after use. Anti-bacterial wipes, spray, and rags will be included in your Open Gym check-in bins to be taken with you as you move through the Open Gym area. Wipes dispensers are also located throughout the open gym area.
- Refinery staff will have scheduled Open Gym cleaning rotations every 90 minutes and the open gym will be closed between 1-3pm on weekdays for a midday deep clean.
- 5 designated strength training stations will be available (OG1, OG2, OG3, Outdoor, and an additional functional training area with a FitBench will be added to the back training area).
- Training stations and cardio equipment will be on a first come first serve basis. There will always be at least one training station and several cardio machines available. Members may move between training areas, but PLEASE be respectful of social distancing while training in the Open Gym area.
- Although we kindly request limiting your open gym sessions to 45 minutes, you may stay for a full hour. Please move along from any stations that a new visitor is requesting once the 45 minute mark has been reached.
- No changes to our Private Training and Youth Private Training programs during Phase 2.
- Refinery On Demand will move to a new and improved platform on June 7th. The new site will feature “Workouts of the Week”, a weekly release of new workout videos, access to a library of past Gauntlet and Scorch Live videos, as well as the release of brand new, fully guided OnCore and Pure Strength workouts.
- Subscription to Refinery On Demand will be free for those with active Refinery memberships or $19.99 per month for non-members. A 7-day free trial will be offered.
- With the addition of noon Build and Burn classes, we will no longer be offering daily Livestream classes.
During Phase 2, service offerings will include: Open Gym, Private Training, Build and Burn, and Pure Strength.
Build and Burn: Our Group Class equivalent, will increase the class capacity to 12 participants. Two trainers will be utilized for all classes. A new Build and Burn class will be offered daily. Class time spacing will increase in order to complete a full clean of all accessories and equipment between classes.
Pure Strength: Our Small Group Training equivalent, will increase the class capacity to a max of 3 participants. We will provide three different Pure Strength workouts per week (M/T, W/TH, and F/Sa/Su)
Open Gym: During Phase 2, Open Gym will include access to several strength training stations (OG1, OG2, OG3, Outdoor, and a new FitBench functional training station), cardio equipment, and Biocircuit.
For detailed information please visit the program pages for each service offering by clicking the Phase 2 Reopening menu and selecting the desired service.
With the addition of noon Build and Burn classes, we will no longer be offering Livestream classes during Phase 2.
Refinery On Demand will move to a new and improved platform on June 7th. The new site will feature “Workouts of the Week”, a weekly release of new workout videos, access to a library of past Gauntlet and Scorch Live videos, as well as the release of brand new, fully guided OnCore and Pure Strength workouts.
Subscription to Refinery On Demand will be free for those with active Refinery memberships or $19.99 per month for non-members. A 7-day free trial will be offered.
Yes, Biocircuit will continue to be available during Phase 2. Advance booking will still be required and the circuit will be dedicated to one person only during the designated appointment time.
The Recovery Room will not be available during Phase 2. Recovery Room memberships will remain frozen. We hope to be able to open the Recovery Room by July.
memberships and pricing
Although class capacity will increase during Phase 2, we will continue to KEEP MEMBERSHIPS FROZEN, unless a member chooses to restart their membership.
Pricing options for Phase 2 visits:
Open Gym: Pay per visit ($15 – single visit, $60 – 5 pack, $100 – 10 pack) or by restarting their Open Gym, Fitness, or Training membership.
Build and Burn: Pay per visit ($28- single visit, $130 – 5 pack, $220 – 10 pack) or by restarting a Fitness or Training membership.
Pure Strength: Pay per visit ($45- single visit, $215 – 5 pack, $400 – 10 pack) or by restarting a Training membership.
Private Training and Youth Private Training: Pay per visit only ($80- single visit, $375 – 5 pack, $600 – 10 pack)
Restarting Memberships: If you would like to restart your membership in order to start paying for and booking Phase 2 visits, please email us at email@example.com. Once the freeze is removed from your account, you will be able to book without being asked for a visit payment. If you choose to restart your membership, please be aware that our class and open gym capacity is still limited during Phase 2, and waitlisting may be prevalent.
When monthly memberships are restarted, any unused Open Gym and/or Class packs that were purchased may be applied as credit to future membership payments.
During Phase 2, all visits will require advance booking.
Open Gym will continue to be restricted to current members only. Build and Burn, Pure Strength, and Private training will be available to new clients during Phase 2.
Build and Burn: Due to class size restrictions, we are requesting members limit visits to no more than 4 classes per week.
Pure Strength: Due to class size restrictions, we are requesting members limit visits to no more than 3 sessions per week. Three different workouts will be provided each week (M/T, W/TH, and F/Sa/Su), so it is best to space the visits out so that you do not complete the same workout twice.
Open Gym:. Open Gym booking will continue to require advance booking, however, instead of booking specific training stations, we will now allow 4 visitors every 45 minutes throughout the day. This does not include Biocircuit appointments (this area will continue to be booked separately). For more detailed information on open gym training stations, visit the Open Gym Phase 2 service page.
Private Training and Youth Private Training: Hour-long appointment times have been pre-set throughout the day for several Refinery trainers. Online booking is now available for private training.
Online Booking for all services can be done through the Refinery app and/or by clicking on the Book Now button.
Limiting the booking for Open Gym, Build and Burn, and Pure Strength to members was a manual process. It is possible we made a few data entry errors during this process. If you are unable to book online please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the limited capacity for visits during Phase 2, we will continue to enforce a 4-hour cancellation policy for all service categories. No shows or cancellations within the 4 hour window will result in that visit being deducted from your account. If a visit can be rescheduled for later in the day, the cancellation will be voided. You will need to call or email us at email@example.com to void the cancellation and do a same day reschedule.
visitor Policies & procedures
In order to provide a safe environment for our visitors and staff, the following visitor policies and procedures will be in place:
Arrival: We request that visitors do not enter the facility until 5 minutes before their scheduled time. Please stay in your car until that time. Upon entering the front door, proceed directly to the check-in desk now located inside the lobby area. 6′ spacing markers will be in place from the front door to the check-in desk.
Check-In: A hands-free sanitizer station is located at the check-in desk. We require hand sanitization upon arrival at the check-in desk. A staff member will do a temperature check, check you in for your visit, and offer you a bin with a towel and room for your belongings.
Locker rooms/ADA bathroom: Lockers rooms are only allowed to be used for restroom purposes – no showers or lockers will be available. The bin received at check-in should be taken with you to your training area. Handsfree soap dispensers have been installed in the locker rooms and ADA bathroom. The ADA bathroom in the track should be used by Private Training and Pure Strength participants to limit traffic in the locker rooms.
Walkways/Training Areas: Please follow the yellow walk-ways directly to your designated training areas. Open Gym training areas are marked with red boundaries. Build and Burn participants will follow the walkway directly to the back of the gym and turn right at the entry to the training area (follow signs) Your trainer will then guide you to your station. Private Training and Pure Strength visitors will turn right at the locker room hallway and proceed to the track area. Private Training visitors will turn left upon entering the track, Pure Strength will turn right.
Exiting: All visitors will exit through the back door (Open Gym door). A handsfree sanitizer will be located at the back door exit as well as a towel drop and bin return.
Face masks and gloves are optional. Gloves will be available free of charge at the check-in area.
You will receive a bin large enough for purses and other belongings at check-in. You will take this bin with you to your training area. A bin drop off rack is located at the Exit door.
During Phase 2, Open Gym visitors will be provided with a bin at check-in. The bin will contain cleaning supplies (wipes, spray, and rags) and should be taken with you to the open gym area. Gym wipes dispensers are also located throughout the facility and are accessible in all training areas.
During Phase 2, sharing of equipment in Build and Burn and Pure Strength will be minimized by having no more than 3 rotations per class. Cleaning of the stations will be required and built into the class time. Wipes will be available in every training stations
During Phase 2, Open Gym visitors will be required to clean their equipment and accessories after each use. A bin with cleaning supplies (anti-bacterial wipes, spray, and towels) will be provided at check-in. Open Gym visitors will be required to bring this bin with them to their open gym training areas.
cleaning policies & procedures
In order to provide a safe and sanitary training environment, we have instituted the following:
Open Gym: During Phase 2, Open Gym visitors will be required to clean their equipment and accessories after each use. A bin with cleaning supplies (anti-bacterial wipes, spray, and towels) will be provided at check-in. Open Gym visitors will be required to bring this bin with them to their open gym training areas. Refinery staff will also conduct regular cleaning of the open gym throughout the day as well as a midday deep clean.
Classes: Build and Burn and Pure Strength are 45-minute classes. A 30-minute designated cleaning time is allocated after each class. Trainers are scheduled to clean all equipment used in the previous class during the designated cleaning period.
Private Training: Designated Private Training appointment times have been preset (those seeking private training will need to come during the times offered). A 20-minute cleaning period is designated between each private training appointment. Trainers are scheduled to clean all equipment used in the previous class during the designated cleaning period.
Midday Cleaning: In addition to designated cleaning after every visit/class, midday cleaning will take place from 1-3pm every weekday. There will be no appointments or classes scheduled during this time allowing extra time to clean and disinfect all areas.
Nightly Cleaning: We have always utilized an outside cleaning company nightly – 360 days of the year and will continue to do so. During the shut down, our cleaning company treated all surfaces with a Microban disinfectant, and completed a full steam cleaning of the turf areas.
distancing policies & Procedures
In order to abide by social distancing requirements, designated training areas have been created with 6′ buffers throughout the gym. Training area boundaries are marked with red dots. Walkways are marked with yellow dots. We ask all visitors to respect social distancing requirements by staying within designated training/walkway areas.
In order to avoid congregating in the check-in/lobby area, our front desk has been relocated and visitors will be required to exit out the back door.
Build and Burn and Pure Strength instructors will be instructing from designated areas that provide a 6′ buffer. Private trainers will also try to maintain a 6′ buffer except when spotting may be necessary.